Thursday, June 16, 2011

Recovery

Hello Everyone,


Sorry I have been MIA for a bit. I have been actually recovering from Gallbladder surgery. Ouch! :)


My surgery was on June 10 and it went really good. I had only one gallstone. A HUGE one at that! I need to look up how big the biggest one is. Better get busy on that. 


In the mean time I haven't cooked anything. My son Nick did fix his first bbq meal. He fixed Country style Ribs and grilled potatoes, making his own dry rub for the ribs. I wish I would have took a picture of it. For his first time it was excellent. 


So my other meals have consisted of eating out, ramen noodles, or Nick cooking something. (My husband is in charge of the ramen noodles.) 


Tonight it was Shrimp and Fries. Nick had some trouble with the fries. I think we are needing a new deep fryer. They weren't frying hot enough. I guess I better use my couch time to research some fryers. :)  Other then that I liked them. He makes them homemade like me, but he uses season salt instead of regular salt. Good Twist. 


Well I am hoping to post some cooking tips within the weekend. AND I am hoping to get back in the kitchen next week. I can't stand for a long period of time. They had to make one cut bigger to get that darn stone out. 


I will post a picture of the stone. (so week stomach don't continue...LOL)


Have a wonderful weekend, cook something good and eat well.


Until next time,
Dayle




                                My Gallstone



No comments:

Post a Comment