Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Lazy Sunday

Hello All,


How is your weekend going? Ours here in the Midwest isn't to bad. Extremely hot. Not that I'm complaining. 


This weekend I spent sometime outside planting my herb garden. I don't think one is going to make it. Looks really droopy! Poor little guy. 


Also this weekend we spent grilling. My son loves to eat BBQ. (So do I.)


So this last Saturday I had a whole chicken. I brined it all day in some water, sugar, salt, Greek seasoning, and a few other things. Then we pat it dry. Covered it in a dry rub that we made. Got the grill nice and hot. Put the chicken on. It cooked about an hour and half. Covered it with a Sweet and Spicy Chipotle BBQ sauce. 


(Note; Yes the whole chicken. I did not cut it up. Reason being is mostly, little secret about me, I don't know how to cut a chicken up. My mom can do it in like 5 second flat. Me? Nope. She tried to teach me. No go. I need a lot of practice on it. I would be like the scene on Julie and Julia movie where Julia had all those onions just chopping away. Mine would be Chickens. At least it wouldn't have a strong smell in the kitchen. LOL)


It was so juicy and tender. My mouth is just watering just thinking about it. We served it with grilled potato and corn on the cob. 


So this Sunday over at Grampa's house we fixed Grilled Cheeseburgers. (Grampa got a new grill, so I HAD to try it out) His is gas though. Thats okay it worked. The cheeseburgers turned out wonderful. Very juicy. I think the next time I will grill burgers I will put some cooked bacon bits and the cheese inside of the burgers. Grampa isn't to wild on trying new things. :) But he is at least letting me cook different things then roast on Sundays. 


Now, we are just laying around soaking up the A/C waiting for Foodnetwork new serious tonight of The Next Foodnetwork Star. Love watching those. I wish that someday that I could actually go on there.


So I already posted on my Facebook account that I have a birthday coming up in August. My birthday wish is to cook with Bobby Flay.Also that for anyone that can make that wish come true will win free meals in my restaurant for the rest of their life. (Once I get it up and running of course) :-)


Cook something good. Eat well.


Until Next Time,
Dayle


http://www.foodnetwork.com/



 Above: The Chicken with rub all ready for the grill

 Above: The Chicken resting after grilling.

Above: A leg and thigh, with a potato, and corn on the cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment